Thursday, July 2, 2009

A MATTER OF DREAM AND PURPOSE

Ever wondered why some people appear to be more successful than others? Over the course of my life, I've met many people who said that they had heavy burdens to carry, while others looked outwardly having everything going well for them, as if they did not have much burden to carry.

Depending on how you look at things, regardless of what situation your are in, the difference truly is depending how you percieve at your situation.

I would like to take a true experience I had in mid-80's. At that time, I was working in a Japanese company. But, each day went on very tough for me, for there were few days that went without quarrels and misunderstanding with my Japanese boss.

Because of that, I had a very miserable time for the first six months. I recall the times when I went around the city to look for new jobs. I just could't stand my boss.

One day however, after a morning shower and still indsie the bathroom, my thoughts of going to work and to face my boss were occupying my mind. But, as I looked into the mirrow, suddenly a thought came to my mind - a question!

The question was this: "Roger, are you a loser or a winner?" You see, I came up with an anwer right away, too. I said: "I AM A WINNER!"

You know what? When I to work that morning, things did not change! But I DID change was my ATTITUDE and PERCEPTION towards my so called "problems".

You know what happened later? I stayed with that company for two years, until the project was completed. The good thing that happened to me was that my salary was increased almost 100% and I was always made in charge of my section whenever my immediate boss was on leave or travel to Japan.

So, I'm sure you do have one good experience of your life that is helpful for others. Why not share it?

THE MIGHTY HORNBILL...

No comments:

Post a Comment